choose your experience
The Featherbed Nature Reserve, situated on the Western Head in Knysna, is the premier eco-experience on the Garden Route.
- Return ferry trip on the Knysna Lagoon to the Western Head.
- 4x4 vehicle & trailer drive up the headland onto the Reserve, stopping at spectacular viewpoints.
- Specialist guide giving information on history, fauna & flora.
- Optional guided 2.2km walk through coastal forest and fynbos into ancient sea caves.
- World renowned buffet lunch at an outdoor restaurant setting under a canopy of Milkwood trees.
- Wonderful family outing, suitable for all ages and fitness levels.
featherbed nature reserve review
Wow, what a superb experience! With a nature reserve guide with us throughout our visit, this was one of the highlights of our tour. Taken by boat to the reserve, we then had great fun travelling by trailer to the top of the hill, followed by a fairly easy walk back down. The views were breathtaking and the guides were very helpful and knowledgeable - they obviously love the place, and quite rightly so! Optional, slightly more adventurous 'side-routes' were available on the way down...read more
The Paddle Cruiser is South Africa's only paddle-driven vessel, offering a unique and unforgettable experience on the Knysna Lagoon.
- Cruise in style on the Lagoon to the famous Knysna Heads aboard this unique paddle-driven vessel.
- A fine dining experience.
- Contemporary decor - luxury with great ambience.
- Magnificent 360° Lagoon views.
- Great for cocktails and sundowners.
- A wonderful dinner venue - leave at sunset, see the Heads at twilight and return under the stars.
- Speciality Mediterranean cuisine with superb service.
- Menu caters for all dietary requirements.
- Two full bars, one on each deck.
- Fully enclosed - not dependent on the weather.
- Oyster and sparkling wine cruises by arrangement.
- A unique function and wedding venue.
- An unconventional conference venue.
paddle cruiser review
This paddle style cruiser offer a fantastic view around the lake/lagoon and turn back before the Knysna Heads. Very good food. quite a romantic cruise.
ben g, Pretoria, South Africa
The John Benn is a double-decker floating restaurant offering daily Lagoon cruises to the Knysna Heads. A memorable family activity on Knysna Lagoon. One of the best floating restaurants in Knysna.
- Cruise to the Knysna Heads, on a boat steeped in history, named after a legendary pilot of a bygone era.
- Comfortable and cosy with a classic wooden finish.
- Friendly and hospitable service.
- Optional a la carte and tapas menu available on board with fresh Knysna oysters, local beer & sparkling wine.
- Special group menus, wine and dine whilst cruising.
- Two full bars on upper and lower deck.
- Fully enclosed - not dependent on the weather.
- A wonderful function and wedding venue.
johnn benn review
“Very nice Cruise”
Crew are very friendly and they make you feel welcomed. Food was excellent specially for me who is a vegetarian . It was much better than I expected. OmChohan
The catamaran yacht, 'Heads Explorer', is for the adventurous and romantic, creating another unforgettable experience, sailing on the Knysna Lagoon to the Heads and beyond (ocean conditions permitting).
- Sail in style on the Knysna Lagoon to the famous Heads.
- The catamaran yacht is licensed to go through the Heads and into the Indian Ocean.
- Sailing with your experienced skipper is an exclusive way to enjoy the splendour of the Lagoon.
- View dolphins, seals, birds and, in season, whales.
- Sunset cruises accompanied by a delicious sundowner / anti-pasta platter and a choice of wine.
- Optional extra oysters available on request; cash bar available.
- Special stop-off at Featherbed Nature Reserve by arrangement.
- For small and exclusive groups.
- A romantic way to experience the Knysna Lagoon.
heads explorer review
The cruise on this catamaran is a must do. The crew are very good and helpful. The skipper Leon really knows his trade. The snacks on this cruise are very, very good and you can never finish it all. Served with ice cold drinks. ben g Pretoria, South Africa
If time is limited, join Three Legs for a 75-minute cruise with a difference!
- This is a fun and adventurous cruise to and INTO the Knysna Heads between the cliffs (ocean conditions permitting), visiting Otter Cove, Island Rock and passing the beachcomber caves.
- This unequalled experience takes visitors back in time to the days when Knysna was a port and shares with those on board the thrills and spills of Knysna and its past.
- Three Legs is an open ferry with a sun-deck or shaded seating. There are roll-down weather blinds, fold-away tables and cushioned seats. There is also a cash bar and snack menu on board (in season, or on request with prior bookings)
- This cruise is ideal for groups, so enjoy the sun on your face, the wind in your hair and experience the excitement of being on the water!
three legs ferry review
“Great Time”More reviews
Cruise Café is known for its fresh seafood and modern styled cuisine, a relaxed atmosphere with exceptional views of the Knysna Lagoon.
- Cruise Café presents diners with a soothing yet sophisticated ambiance, graced by lots of blond wood, sepia coloured alcoves and enlarged nautical photographs.
- Enjoy specialty coffees and classy cocktails on the lagoon deck with superb views, or sample the delightful breakfasts, healthy lunches and mouth-watering dinners from our fine selection of menu items.
- Winner of the 2010 Knysna Oyster Festivals’ “Van Loveren Best Restaurant Sensation Award” and the Diners Club “Winelist of the year Gold Award”
WHERE TO FIND US:
Cruise Café @ Featherbed Co, Remembrance Ave, Knysna.
Telephone: +27 (0)44 382-1693
Facsimile: +27 (0)44 382-2373
Winter times: valid from 18th March to 30th September
Summer times: valid from 01st October to 17th March
cruise cafe review
“Lunch with friends”
Went here on a Sunday lunchtime and had delicious fish and chips next to the water. Gorgeous views, watched the boats coming in and out and also shared a really yummy bottle of wine called Splattered Toad! What more could you wish for on a sunny Sunday? Went again for an evening meal and had steak with a herb and lemon butter, and then shared an amarula crème brulee which was amazing. Great spot, love it! sueskyblue, Chichester, United Kingdom